One should never be bored whilst online. Simply because if you are you’re doing it wrong, and should get up and go outside. So, some things to do online, and some things to persuade you to get offline.
Start at the beginning of each and read through them all, you won’t have time to be bored:
Interesting blogs to read;
I’m sure you’ll find at least one of them thought-provoking:
- Read the LessWrong sequences and learn something awesome.
- Educate yourself in the quotes of famous people.
- Do random quizzes (boredom-relief-factor improves exponentially the more friends you get to compare answers with).
- Find little known music to listen to.
- Read the sometimes amusing things people say on IRC.
- Make a Wiki.
- Play the wikipedia game.
- Watch the various musicals I’ve directed you at.
- Find someone to argue with (join a forum).
- Read about the Salem Witch Trials.
- Answer peoples questions on Yahoo Answers.
- Laugh at the stupid things costumers say.
- Give in to paranoia and change every one of your passwords and choose really good security questions - use lastpass to organise this.
- Learn all the words to never gonna give you up.
- Play with cool flash sites like this circle one, or colorflip
- Buy some clothes. I like modcloth.com.
If you’d rather go outside you could get into photography. Or ice skating, rock climbing or yoga. Paint a friend or an apple or an egg. Try quidditch. Learn to knit. Buy a dog. Or a mouse (they’re only $6!). See a movie, or find a tv show. Make a website. Buy some lego bricks. Write someone a letter! When was the last time you received a letter?
Personally, as soon as I get bored online, I leave. It’s bad enough being procrastinatory when you’re enjoying it!